Boys, Boys, Boys
Meeting with High School Sweetheart was great. I have come full circle with the Facebook I used to despise. On a whim I asked him to coffee, and ended up spending over an hour catching up on the last 8 years of our lives.
We exchanged heartbreak stories. He’s been married & divorced. I’ve been engaged and abandoned with a child. We talked about coming of age in a pre-9/11 world, and how everything changed afterwards. He was in the Army, I was in Boston. We admitted to switching our plans, falling apart, retreating into self-destruction, and eventually starting over.
Now he’s about to graduate, and asked me to come to his party next weekend. Overall, and awesome time. I can’t explain how good it feels to re-connect with someone. Its like filling in all the holes of your memory with warm apple pie. So many questions, satisfied.
I also met a very cute guy at the Derailed Saloon (which officially makes Durango feel like Breckenridge). Unfortunately, living in a small town makes for extremely distracted guy-hunting. Every time I tried to put the moves on the man meat, I was greeted with a familiar “HeeYYYY giRRRL!”
I did managed to gather a few tidbits of information on cute guy.
- He’s a substitute 4th grade teacher, working on his official certificate.
- He grew up in New Jersey & Maine (scored some major New England points.)
- He’s lived in Durango for 3 years.
- He likes the Yankees.
- He’s got blonde hair, and wore a baby-blue plaid shirt.
- I think his name was Robb.
- He drank PBR, and I thought that was totally cute, especially since Colorado is full of micro-brew snobs (including myself).
What is it about young male teachers always wearing the same button-down plaid shirts? Either way, you gotta appreciate a guy who actually dressed up a little going to the bar…especially in Durango.
Like a moron, I did NOT get his number. But I think I’ve come pretty far in the last week, and I’m damn satisfied with my testosterone exposure for the time being. I did tell him where I worked, so he said he might swing by. Its a small town. I think its a definite possibility we’ll meet again.
Stalking of Major Hottie did not yield any results, other than I know where he lives now, and its only 3 blocks from my house. If I take LB to the park every day, I may greatly increase my chance of “accidentally” running into him.
Ew, I really am a stalker.
No drama with Roofie during the exchange. Blondie did inform me that she is removing her daughters from school due to the Swine Flu, and I am totally welcome to leave LB with her, because she has noticed lots of “snotty nosed” kids at LB’s daycare. She also told me that this Swine Flu is “the next Plague.”
I debated on the following responses:
- “Yeah, because you’ve BEEN to her daycare so many times in the last month.”
- “Yeah, leaving my daughter with someone who’s had E Coli poisoning and Shingles in her family circle is so much safer than hanging out with those snotty nosed kids.”
- “The next Plague, huh?”
- “You’re the one who hangs around a pig all day long.”
Instead I thanked her for the offer and went on my merry way.