As I was sitting through disc 3 of Planet Earth, I started thinking about Jenn3’s post about how she hardly ever cries. Then I started thinking about what a sap I used to be. If it was a Disney movie, I would cry. If it was a traumatic animal story, I would cry. I used to cry during Milo and Otis for Christ’s sake. When i was pregnant, I cried at the local news.
Since I’m totally fine with public humiliation at this point, why not expose my dirty laundry for the world to see?
Movies that made me cry the first time:
- Steel Magnolias
- All Dogs Go to Heaven (I was 10 I think)
- Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (Jiji has never let me live this one down)
- The Lion King
Movies that made me cry the first seven times:
- Titanic (I was 16 when it came out, so give me a break, ok?)
- White Fang (they showed it during my 2nd grade class, and I was the only one who cried)
- Dances With Wolves (Now I just laugh at Kevin Costner’s white ass)
- Selena (sometimes I still cry, actually)
- Requiem for a Dream (I didn’t think I could ever get through this one without puking or crying, but I did eventually)
- Bowling for Columbine
- Fahrenheit 9/11
Movies that still make me cry:
- Friday Night Lights (even guys cry during this movie)
- Fried Green Tomatoes (BUDDYYY!!!)
- The Land Before Time (yeah, I know)
- Moulin Rouge (watching Ewan McGreggor cry still gets me)
- The English Patient
- Boys Don’t Cry
- The Joy Luck Club (um what mother didn’t cry when she drowned her baby?)
- A Little Princess
- Whale Rider
Ok. Maybe I’m still a sap. Maybe I’m just a Pisces.
What movies used to make you cry when you were a kid? What movies still make you cry?