Since LB is now a pro at climbing into my bed, I was greeted with a “wake up mommy” this morning at 7:30 am. Certainly beats the alarm going off at 5:30 am, unless the toddler turns on the alarm anyway after her attempts to wake you have failed.
Things I got to do today that I usually miss during normal working hours:
- Went on a nice 2 hour hike.
- Shared a smoothie with my daughter.
- Went swimming at the hot springs.
- Watched the rain fall outside my window. Smelled the rain.
- Upgraded my phone to one that doesn’t have BBQ Sauce or peanut butter residue in it.
- Made spaghetti sauce from scratch.
- Checked out hot guys at the grocery store.
- Hung out with my mom.
- Got to hear people tell me how much my daughter looks like me.
I really wish I was a stay at home mom on days like this. I even took a shower, did laundry and ran a load of dishes, all while my daughter was awake! My Ex used to call me a “hack” cause he always thought I sat at home picking my ass all day.
Too bad he never stuck around to see what I was capable of doing.