Where is “Single Parenting” Magazine?
I used to buy diapers off the Internet, and since I was such a fabulous customer (whatev), they also gave me a free subscription to Parenting Magazine. How much do I hate this magazine ? Let me count the ways.
- You tell me that being a “hot mama” consists of stealing your teenage daughter’s hot pink nail polish. (Red is just too aggressive).
- You preach vaccination scare tactics
- You preach general health-related scare tactics
- You insist on perpetuating battle of the sexes stereotypical articles like “Are girls easier to raise than boys?”
- Your single parent articles consist of widowed dads and parents who live together, but aren’t married.
- Your target audience is upper middle class, white, stay-at-home (maybe part time working), heterosexual moms who have nothing better to do than make cookies for the soccer team.
I mean your magazine is BORRRRING. Honestly, with all the information available on the Internet, do we really need another article on how to keep your kid healthy during flu season? All your letters from moms around the country make me want to gag. Can’t you publish any real letters, not just sappy kiss-my-ass crap?
With 32% of babies being born to single moms, cant you adjust your target audience just a little? Or are we “not the magazine reading type”? Thank god for my fellow single mom bloggers, and the kick-ass ladies at Iheartsingleparents.com. You give the army of single parents something worth while to read.
OH P.S. Parenting, your pregnancy magazine sucks just as bad. Its what drove me to read “Misconceptions” by Naomi Wolf, pretty much the most depressing/honest pregnancy book out there. THANKS.