Things I’m not happy about today:
- My Egg Donation is NOT going to be in New York, but Santa Rosa, California instead. I guess they mixed up the coastlines or something. I was really looking forward to finally visiting the Big Apple.
- I am going to have to drive to Albuquerque for my Ultrasounds instead of getting them here in Durango. I will have to take time off work for these days, as it is a 6 hour round trip. I really cannot afford to do that, ON TOP of the time I will have to take off during the actual retrieval process.
- I have a late meeting today, and have no one to pick up LB from daycare. Everyone is out of town, sick or busy with work or school. So I will have to leave my meeting early, another step down on my job performance.
- The horrendous display of shoddy footballing by my home team, The Broncos. It was just too painful to watch, honestly. I kept yelling at the screen “Champ Bailey can’t cover the whole field YOU MORONS!” When even Mike Shanahan says he’s embarrassed by his team, then you know it was a bad bad game.
However, these are the things I AM happy about today:
- Its currently 65 degrees outside, and we are pulling into the second week of November.
- I snuck out to see my apartment this weekend, and they actually have the numbers up, so I peeked into MY ACTUAL HOUSE!!! I saw MY ACTUAL CARPET! MY ACTUAL STOVE! I can’t express how excited I was, I may even sneak out there later this week and harass a construction worker into letting me inside.
- I did my Hula Buns & Abs this morning, and was very satisfied with the results of my half.com purchase. It was fun (even challenging), and I finished the whole thing before LB woke up.
- In general, I feel good. I can tell that my body is getting stronger. I can chase LB around the playground and not feel like I’m going to die afterwards. I am not scared of going to store, because I know I can head off my toddler before she rips down half the canned food aisle. I’m still stuck at 153 lbs, but my post-baby belly doesn’t look so scary anymore, and I feel like I’m going to get below 150 this week.
So between those two conflicting ups and downs, I think I may be able to survive the day.